“Gender Equality is more than a goal itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge or reducing poverty, promoting, sustainable development and building good governance.” – Kofi Annan
AWARDS, REGOGNITIONS, AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT NEWS EVENTS
Moving a step closer to gender equality through GAD Agenda
Serbisyo para kay Juana: SHFC marks Women’s Month
Zamboanga Medical Mission Provides Care For CMP Communities, Humbling Experience For Iced Staff
Humble Cmp Roots Play Part In Zamboanga Ob-Gyn’S Passion For Cervical Cancer Prevention
Cashew Livelihood Brings A Good Start To Green Harvest In Palawan
‘Brigada Eskwela’: Fostering Conducive Learning Spaces For Our Future Leaders
SHFC: Empowering WomenThrough Gender Sensitivity
SHFC GAD VISION, MISSION, GOALS, AND CORE VALUES
SHFC men and women providing homeless and low-income organized families with FAIR (Flexible, Affordable, Innovative and Responsive)
shelter solutions to build RISE (Resilient, Inclusive, Sustainable and Empowered) Communities.
We will pursue FAIR shelter solutions through an equitable and participatory convergence strategy that will contribute to the elimination of gender-based violence, promote social inclusion, and ensure inclusive access to necessary social protection mechanisms and resources to uplift the living conditions of our partner Communities.
- Enhanced knowledge, skills and competencies of program implementers and partners in responding to gender issues, needs and challenges in engendering FAIR shelter solutions and RISE communities.
- Institutionalized enabling mechanisms, policies and systems in developing equitable and participatory convergence strategy towards inclusive and gender sensitive housing.
- Established targeted necessary social protection mechanisms to address practical gender needs and uplift the living conditions of vulnerable beneficiaries/ partner communities.
- Strengthened capacities of stakeholders to respond to gender-based violence and promote social inclusion in the communities.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender responsive
SHFC GAD FOCAL POINT SYSTEM
ATTY. ARNOLFO RICARDO B.
ATTY. MARIA ROSALIE RICHA
JESSICA B. CARAGO
OCI – Vice President
Human Resources Department
“Gender Equality is more than a goal itself. it is a precondition for meeting the challenge or reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance” – Michelle Bachelet
The policies, instruments, programs, services, and actions that address the disadvantaged position of women in society by providing preferential treatment and affirmative action.
The principle asserting the equality of men and women and their right to enjoy equal conditions realizing their full human potentials to contribute to and benefit from the results of development, and with the State recognizing that all human beings are free and equal in dignity and rights.
The modification of behavior by raising awareness of gender equality, how gender shapes the roles of women and men in society, including their role in development, and how it affects the relations between them.